LGBTIQ Community Services
Psychologists Southern Sydney has had a strong connection with the LGBTIQ community in the St George and Sutherland Shire for over 10 years.
From our comfortable, consulting rooms in Connells Point, our psychologists provide counselling services to address the needs of the LGBTIQ community in a caring, empathetic and non-judgemental environment.
While problems such as anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol addiction, and relationship issues can arise irrespective of gender, and the gender make-up of any relationship, we understand that there are often circumstances and issues that are unique to the LGBTIQ community.
Our qualified psychologists respond to these issues with proven, effective treatments that can help you to regain control of your life and create a healthier, happier you.
Issues we help with:
- Sexuality, acceptance and coming out
- Gender identity issues and acceptance
- Negotiating relationships and issues associated with fidelity or commitment
- Substance abuse and treatment; either your own or your partner’s
- Coming to terms with HIV seroconversion diagnosis
- HIV diagnosis within existing relationships
- Living with HIV
- Domestic violence and abusive relationships
- Ageing, isolation, loneliness, stigma
- Overcoming fear, anxiety or depression
- Dealing with workplace harassment and bullying
We are open six days a week for bookings throughout the day and after hours, also Saturdays. Private Health and Medicare Rebates are available on the spot.
To find out more about our services or to book a session at PSS please call 02 8381 5867.
Psychologists Southern Sydney
St George & Sutherland Shire Counselling and Psychology Services