Counselling Psychologist opportunity with Psychologists Southern Sydney
Psychologists Southern Sydney, formally Life Resolutions Kogarah, is looking to bolster our team in 2017. We are caring, experienced and professional psychologists headed by Janice Killey. Built up over the past decade, our practice is well established and highly regarded within the area. We’re are after someone who shares our values and professional, caring and ethical standards as psychologists, who wants to contribute to our clients’ wellbeing and to add to our positive practice culture with energy and enthusiasm.
Would this position suit you?
We have an interesting and diverse client base from children to adults and pride ourselves on creating a positive, supportive and professional environment both for clients and within the team.
We are looking for a fully registered psychologist who has at least three years counselling experience to work across a wide client group. Having run your own practice would be a plus as would coaching .
As this is a contract role we have found the position suits people who usually live nearby in Sydney’s south (less travel time). Our three well-appointed consulting rooms are located in a private residential area for ease of parking and client comfort We are open Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm and Saturdays 9am to 5pm so we are looking for a colleague to work around 20 hours a week. Opportunities exist for Saturdays, weekdays and nights, let’s discuss options.
- Attractive hourly session rate – no percentage rates.
- We provide training and induction and peer support
- A practice manager to provide overall support to staff.
- A client relationship team who look after booking new clients, taking cancellations and rescheduling appointments
- An advanced electronic diary system.
We need someone who will:
- Work with a broad range of clients with varied presenting issues. Experience working with children, adolescents, adults and couples preferred
- Work actively to build their client base with us
- Research and prepare for client sessions
- Engage with clients to commit to counselling
- Nurture relationships with local referral sources including liaising with GPs
- Undertake some administrative tasks including client notes, letters to referrers, report writing, taking payments etc. (We don’t employ a person on the front desk)
- Continue professional development to keep abreast of new therapies and procedures
- Learn and adopt our processes and procedures
- Contribute to the positive culture of the practice and our team.
Key skills required:
- Demonstrated skill and experience in providing psychological interventions
- Demonstrated ability to engage clients effectively
- Organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team environment
- Self-motivation and passion
- Excellent communication skills,
Registration as a Psychologist under the Medicare Scheme
Membership with APS
Your own ABN and indemnity insurance
Sound computer and literacy skills
Referees to contact
Please send your CV and letter to
The Practice Manager
firstname.lastname@example.org or call or visit our website to find out more – https://psychologistssouthernsydney.com.au